2018-2019 Catalog

Academic Petition for Exception

Students may petition for exception to certain university academic regulations when unusual circumstances exist. It should be noted, however, that academic regulations contained in Title 5, California Code of Regulations, cannot be waived by petition.

Before filing a petition, students must first speak with the designated representatives in the School or College associated with their request. Only in cases where no alternate means of resolution is available should a student then file a petition. To do so, a fee must be paid. Requests must be stated clearly and accompanied by supporting documentation. Students are notified of decisions by U.S. Mail at the address on file with the university.